Frequently Asked Questions
If you can't find your question and answer here, please email us.
- Who is eligible to participate as a Special Angler? Eligibility will be based on the following:
- Angler is currently enrolled (or eligible) in a national special sports competition program for the intellectually disabled (e.g. Special Olympics)
- Angler is receiving existing services (or eligible for services) via the public schools for intellectual disability or a developmental delay
- If none of the above, the angler (or parents of the angler) can provide doctor's name, telephone number, and address for verification of intellectual disability
- Who verifies the eligibility of Special Anglers? We will work with your tournament director in assigning an ambassador from the special needs community who can do this.
- How do I enroll in a participating tournament? See the details for each participating tournament. You will typically enroll via the general registration form for that tournament and let them know you have a special angler participant.
- Is my donation tax deductible? Yes, but until we receive our 501 (c) (3) non-profit status from the IRS, you will need to make donations directly to eligible tournaments.
- How does my local tournament become a participating tournament? For now, email us here. In the future, we'll provide an enrollment form on this website.
- Can I host a Special Angler on my boat for a participating tournament? Absolutely. We love when that takes place. The angler will typically be accompanied a parent. We also look to match up housing for Special Angler families over a tournament weekend.